We’re Hiring Bus Drivers.
If you hold a CT Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), have a high school diploma or a GED, are 22 years old or older, are a safe driver in good standing, and have great customer service skills, we’d like to hear from you!
Bus Driver Requirements
- CT Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Endorsements: PF, PS, PA or PV
- Classification: A or B
- Current driver’s history with no more than two moving violations in two years
- A high school diploma or GED
- Age 22+
- Verifiable work references
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug screening
- Must be able to work eight consecutive weeks in paid training
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be on time every day with no exceptions
It’s a Great Job.
Currently we’re hiring full-time and part-time bus drivers.
Driving full-time for GBT is a great way to make a living. Last year, full-time GBT bus drivers earned an average of $72,000.
In addition, full-time drivers are eligible for:
- Healthcare for you and your family
- A dental plan
- A vision plan
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal days
- Paid holidays
While part-timers are not eligible for full-time benefits, choosing to drive part-time with GBT can be a great source of extra income and also holds your place in line to become a full-time driver. Any full-time driving positions that come up at GBT are offered first to part-time drivers, based on seniority.
How it Works
- Fill out our online pre-application here>>
- If you meet requirements, we’ll contact you to come in for an interview.
- If you are hired, we’ll enroll you in our paid 8-week training program.
- From there, you’ll drive and receive ongoing support and training.