We’re Hiring Bus Drivers.
If you hold a CT Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), have a high school diploma or a GED, are 22 years old or older, are a safe driver in good standing, and have great customer service skills, we’d like to hear from you!
Bus Driver Requirements
- CT Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Endorsements: PF, PS, PA or PV
- Classification: A or B
- Current driver’s history with no more than two moving violations in two years
- A high school diploma or GED
- Age 22+
- Verifiable work references
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug screening
- Must be able to work eight consecutive weeks in paid training
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be on time every day with no exceptions
It’s a Great Job.
Currently we’re hiring full-time and part-time bus drivers.
Driving full-time for GBT is a great way to make a living. Last year, full-time GBT bus drivers earned an average of $72,000.
In addition, full-time drivers are eligible for:
- Healthcare for you and your family
- A dental plan
- A vision plan
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal days
- Paid holidays
While part-timers are not eligible for full-time benefits, choosing to drive part-time with GBT can be a great source of extra income and also holds your place in line to become a full-time driver. Any full-time driving positions that come up at GBT are offered first to part-time drivers, based on seniority.
How it Works
- Fill out our online pre-application here>>
- If you meet requirements, we’ll contact you to come in for an interview.
- If you are hired, we’ll enroll you in our paid 8-week training program.
- From there, you’ll drive and receive ongoing support and training.
Attend an Open House to Find Out More
Come and talk with us at an open house to find out more. If you meet requirements, you can fill out a pre-application and be interviewed right there. After that, we’ll contact you about next steps. Check out the events calendar to see upcoming Bus Driver Open Houses>>